Sailing is a healthy outdoor activity suitable for all, which is thankfully relativity low risk in the context of the coronavirus, COVID-19.
We are following all guidelines recommended by the health authorities and Irish Sailing, thankfully we are now back up and enjoying our time on the water.
Our COVID-19 return to sailing approach
COVID-19 is undoubtedly having an effect on how we enjoy our sports and hobbies; fortunately due to the nature of sailing we are among the first outdoor sports activities to resume.
We have developed robust C-19 policies and procedures enabling you to get out sailing while ensuring your safety and that of our team at all times. We are able to safely operate while ensuring social distancing, hand sanitation and disinfection of all equipment and surfaces.
Below are some specific changes we have made in relation to COVID-19.
Taste of Sailing
- Initially our focus is on household or family groups, followed by mixed groups of no more than 6 people per yacht. Social distancing must be maintained.
- Reduced numbers onboard Max 6 per cruising yacht & Max 4 per 27 foot open yacht.
- All equipment will be cleaned with anti-bacterial spray between each use.
- All surfaces and equipment will be cleaned with anti-bacterial spray.
- Social distancing between you and your skipper will be strictly adhered to.
Yacht Sailing Courses
- While we are in the Governments Road-map phases 1-4 courses will no longer be live-aboard.
- Numbers onboard will be reduced to allow for social distancing.
- Participants will be asked to bring a sandwich each day, soups, tea/coffee and lots of snacks will be provided.
- Anti-bacterial surface cleaner will be onboard each yacht.
- Boat surfaces will be disinfected each day.
- All equipment and gear provided will be disinfected each day.
- Reduced Contact Handovers: To reduce time spent down below during handover we have prepared detailed videos of all aspects of each yacht. You will have these in advance, they are also a very handy reference during your charter. We will be pointing out location of equipment and explanation of all systems. We will of course be available, in person, to answer any questions from the pontoon or cockpit rather than below deck.
• Our usual detailed cleaning of the yachts will include the use of disinfectant on all surfaces, equipment, handles and grabrails both below and up on deck.
• Anti-bacterial surface cleaner and disinfectant is available on board each yacht for your use during your charter.
• Bedding sets (if required) will be provided in vacuum sealed bags.
If you have any questions please contact us here.