RYA Competent Crew
Course pre-requisite: None. This is a beginners practical sea based course and assumes no previous sailing experience.
Course duration: 5 days or two weekends. This is a live aboard course.
During this course you will build your confidence and skills needed to crew a sailing yacht under the direction of an experienced skipper. This is a practical sailing course at sea, just some of the key skills you’ll learn include handling the sails, steering the boat known as helming, sail changing, rope work and safety.
After successful completion of the Competent Crew course you will possess the ability and knowledge to confidently crew a yacht. You will be issued with either an Irish Sailing Association (ISA) or Royal Yachting Association (RYA) Competent Crew Certificate.
This course is run with a max ratio of 5 students to 1 instructor ensuring individual tuition and comfortable living conditions. Our cruising ground is the spectacular West Cork coast from Cork to Roaringwater Bay *. You may spend 4 nights on board and the price is inclusive of all meals on board the sailing yacht and all equipment needed.
* Itinerary is dependant on weather conditions.
5 consecutive days:
- September 4th - 8th (Full)
- September 25th - 29th
- 2024 - March 30th - 3rd April
- 2024 - April 27th - 1st May
Split course over 2 weekends, one 3 day and one 2 day:
- June 30th - 2nd July & 22nd & 23rd July
- September 9th - 11th & 16th / 17th (Full)
- October 6th - 8th & 14th & 15th ( Full )
- 2024 - March 15th - 17th & 23rd / 24th
- 2024 - April 12th - 14th & 20th / 21st
- More courses to be scheduled soon.. watch this space 🙂