RYA Essential Navigation & Seamanship
This Online course is a great introduction to navigation and safety awareness for new, inexperienced or rusty skippers and crew.
This course is for anyone interested in sailing, motor boating, sea angling or diving, and works well in complementing our on-the-water training, such as the Start Yachting, Competent Crew and our full range of Keelboat courses.
This is a highly informative course with lots of opportunities for you to put your new found knowledge into practice. You will find many interactive exercises to help reinforce the information and lots of chances to try out what you’ve learned.
Online the course will take around six hours, but the beauty of it is that you can work through it at your own speed, whenever and wherever you like. All you need is internet access and your course pack.
- Charts & publications
- Engine checks
- Tidal awareness
- Visual & electronic navigation
- Rules of the road
- Weather forecasts
- Passage planning
- After you place your order, we will send you the course pack which includes: Training chart, plotter, course handbook, exercises and an electronic chart plotter CD, Training Almanac, Enrolment code.
- Once you receive the course pack, log on to www.ryainteractive.org and create an account selecting 'Sovereign Sailing' as the Training Centre. Then use your 'enrollment code' to start the course.
- During your course, if you have any issues or questions, contact us and we shall get back to you as soon as possible.
- Once you have completed and passed the course, we'll send you the certificate.